Thursday, January 31, 2008

Modern Amour Playlist


Narrator: Tabitha of The Pairabirds

With Valentines fast approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to give you a few love playlists. I entitled this series of playlist Modtroment. Mod/ meaning modern. /Tro meaning retro. -Ment meaning Basement. Mod-tro-ment.

Naturally, this series of playlists contain modern melodies with a retro feel. And, songs from the past, found in the basement, that need to resurface. The first Modtroment love playlist is Modern Amour. I don't think any of these songs were ever played on mainstream radio, so I hope they are new to you. And, if they are not new to you, I hope you say, "Oh yes, I love that song." These songs, I feel, you should get to know, or be reminded of their existence.


Modern Amour


  1. Bellissimo by Ilya

  2. L.O.V.E You and I by Jazzanova

  3. Naima by Soul Bossa Trio

  4. Musings to Myself by El Michels Affair

  5. Summer in Paris by DJ Cam

  6. Lost Message by Air

  7. Deepest Seas by Limbo Experience

  8. Vidigal by Rima

  9. Navarone by Metropoltian Jazz Affair

  10. Didjital Vibrations by Jamiroquai

Now, I cannot speak for the original artists and say their songs are all about love. I think these songs evoke the feeling of love (love being such an indescribable word). But, the wonderful thing about art is that allows for individual interpretation.

I know there are plenty of songs that I am forgetting (I wanted to keep the playlist limited to 10, a nice even number). If you have a song that you think works well with this playlist, please leave a comment. I am always trying to expand by music library. My first Generation Creative Mp3 player has plenty of room left.

Handmade Digital Artwork

Found at Flickr

No comments: