Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How to schedule a post in Blogger

Narrator: Tabitha of The Pairabirds

You might be like me. Some days you can't seem to get a single blog post together. And, other days, you could post five different articles in on sitting. Blogger now lets us set future post dates. Meaning if I write up a post today, I can set it to show up on my blog five days from now, at 1:00 AM.

Plus, it's easy as pie. First write up your post as you normally do. At the bottom of the page you will see a link that says Post Options.
This link will open up a little box. You can set comment and backlink settings. And, enter a date and time!
Enter in your date. I entered the 14th at 6:15AM (sorry I didn't get a screencap of that).
Next hit Publish Post. Presto! Your post is all set to appear on your blog at the time and date you arranged.

Now on those days when you are energetically writing, you can save some of the excitement for future dates.





9 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Thanks for this tutorial. I noticed this was now an option, but hadn't bothered to explore it yet. Very cool.

LazyTcrochet said...

Great idea. Thanks for pointing it out!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same as high desert diva, I saw it mentioned on the main page of blogger but I couldn't be bothered to read into it. This will be very handy for me now that I know how easy it is!

Jezabels Jewels said...

oh hey, look at that...seems easy enough! and if may just come in handy...

thanks for the tutorial ;)

3DCranes said...

I never noticed this feature before, but it's definitely something I could use. Thanks for such a great tutorial!

T. Kimberlyn said...

Thanks for this great info!

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

I'm loving this new feature. It means when I'm off at festivals for a few days I don't ignore my readers, I can still keep posting so they don't feel left out and forgotten.

artsyclay said...

Ooo, I didn't know about this. Thanks for explaining!

Sew Bettie said...

Wow! Thank you for this tutorial. I am definitely going to do that because there are certainly times when I am in writing mode and times when I'm not.