Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mystery

Narrator: Tabitha of The Pairabirds

I love a good dark mystery. Taiwanese drama Bump Off Lover is fulfilling my need for dark entertainment at the moment. The story follows the mysterious death of a 17 year old's twin sister's murder.
Anyway, this show subconsciously inspired some new pieces from me. I've worked on several sketches, trying to capture a mysterious alluring feel. These drawings remind me of the types assignments I used to love in art school; illustrating a poster or cover for a movie or novel.

The first drawing, Twins, was done with pencil and a page from a vintage coloring book.


The second drawing, Leaves of Three, was done on a recycled piece of brown paper with graphite and chalk.


The ultimate mystery is one's own self. Sammy Davis, Jr.

6 comments:

Ivy & Mae said...

Sammy Davis was wise ;)

I like the leaves on three (is that the title? just lost me for sure) a lot!

Rosebud Collection said...

Ole Sammy knew what he was talking about..very smart and so true.
Pictures are really lovely..wonderful work.

Katie L. said...

Oooh, that's looking good! I wish I could just draw from imagination, but I have to look at stuff to draw it. :) Great job!

Unknown said...

good work!

Caroline said...

I love that second drawing!

melroska said...

i love these drawings.