Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sneak Peak: What's on my Desktop?

Happy Holidays! I'm hard at work reading celebrity gossip designing some new prints. A new ongoing series of celebrity illustrations is on the desktop. All my time spent reading the latest celeb news has not gone in vain.

For this series, I want to focus on some of the famous faces that 1) are my favorites 2) don't get the recognition they deserve 3) have extremely memorable faces. One thing I wanted to make sure I included was a large number of notable people of color. It can be really difficult to find contemporary art featuring famous people of color.  And, if you can't find it, you build it. These portraits will be as vibrant and as colorful as the person in them. The graphic shapes gives it a nice retro/mod punch.

Here is a sneak peek of a few of the portraits. 
Stevie Wonder, Pam Grier, Josephine Baker
Toshiro Mifune, Janet Jackson

 There are a more on the way, as seen by my barely legible brainstorming sketches.
Chicken Scratch and Misspellings 

The series is untitled now. I'm thinking of making a contest out of naming the series, maybe with a prize of a free print....hmmmmmmmm..... Stay tuned for those details.

No comments: