Friday, February 15, 2008

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and my shop's one year anniversery

Narrator: Tabitha of The Pairabirds

Happy (1 day late) Valentine's Day. Did you enjoy your pink box of chewy chocolates and Hallmark kissing bears?
Well, as it turns out V-day happened to fall on the one year mark of my Etsy shop opening. Just like any relationship, running an online store takes time and passion. I don't have as many sells as some of the other Etsy artist. But, boy am I happy for the ones I have! Why?

  • All of the sales were from people I never met. No family members, no friends. All people just surfing Etsy.
  • I sold quite a bit of art! This was a little surprising to me, since I considered my style a little offbeat and not extremely mainstream.
  • I am quite shy. I find it very hard to tell people that I am an artist and run an online shop. The fact that anyone knows at all is great.
  • The Pairabirds's goods have travelled across the world. I sold items to Japan, Australia, and Germany.

I will continue to work hard and create. Happy Birth-Valentine's Day, Pairabirds. You're a big kid now!

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

Congrats on your one year Etsy anniversary, and on your international sales!