Friday, May 8, 2009

April Thrift Store Finds: Books

I treated myself to books. For reading, not making into art.
Since our local library no longer has their "$5 bag sales," digging up books locally on the cheap is a little more difficult.

I always tell myself to see what they have, but somehow get distracted by other items (oooh, another corduroy bag! ooooh, a nice wallet!).
Last month I decide to browse our local thrift store/s for books. Eighty-nine cents for paperbacks isn't bad. I ended up with 8 books for $7.69. The books were:

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith (the book is part of the book series based on the TV show with Jill Scott. I didn't realize that at the time)
Aquamarine by Carol Anshaw
In the Forest by Edna O'Brien
The Bear Went over the Mountain by William Kotzwinkle
Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto

Where do you find your books?

1 comment:

Desiree said...

come back! i know ive been gone forever but i like it when you update.