Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vulnerable, No Posturing: Everybody Sleeps

Our most vulnerable, defenseless state is the sleep state. It is the only time of day that our bodies are free to completely let-go.

I'm working on some sketches that capture that state. They will become (hopefully sooner than later) completed illustrations on brown paper.

The thing about the sleep state is that all posturing is thrown out the window. We don't have to worry about all of those trivial things that bother us during our non-sleep state.



"Is my hair, okay?"
"If I wear this, I'll look like a..."
"If I stand like this, I'll look like a..."
"You should carry yourself like..."
"You should act more like...."


None of that matters in the sleep state. Not at all.


1 comment:

Nai said...

I LOVE that Sesame Street song. I have ever since I was little. I sing it to my son.

Once again, love these sketches and love your work.