Thursday, June 25, 2009

Moleskine, my new little friend




Moleskine® is a brand that identifies a family of notebooks, diaries, and city guides: flexible and brilliantly simple tools for use both in everyday and extraordinary circumstances, ultimately becoming an integral part of one's personality.
I have given myself over to the Moleskine. I bought a pack of Moleskine Cahier Notebooks from Dick Blick last summer, I think. They come in packs of three. I tentatively approched the first notebook. Sketchy doodles here, a few line drawings there. It was a nice sketchbook. Sturdy, flexible and contained a pocket in the back, which ended up stuffed with pages and pages of doodles.

I didn't really see the potential of this little notebook with the brown cardboard cover. Not until May. That's when the last page of my first Moleskine was completed. It was time to pull out a new one.

The new one started the same as the first. The first few pages contained unfinished/uncertain sketches. But, by May 19th, something happened. It was a partly due to laziness, I'll admit. I usually do sketches on pieces of computer paper. I had computer paper, but didn't feel like trekking to the other room just to get it. So, there was the Moleskine.


The next day I posted the pic of the sketches on my Flickr and hooked it up with some Flickr groups. The response was good. This gave me the boost to try to draw something in my Moleskine, at least 4 or 5 times a week. So far, so good.


Moleskine Resources

~Moleskine US (website)
~Moleskine Cahier (where to buy)
~Moleskinerie Blog
~Moleskinerie on Flickr

2 comments:

Desiree said...

i love my moleskine and i dont even really draw that much any more.

Unknown said...

Beyond these sketches I just got got my first Moleskine Cover from the people at Molecover: www.molecover.com

Think I actually like the look of the notebook with the cover on more than with it off!