Friday, May 16, 2008

Printing, Let Someone Else Do It

Narrator: Tabitha of The Pairabirds
I talked about how I burnt-out fast making prints a while ago. Stacks of prints sitting in my workroom. Stacks of the same images over and over again. Being from the Sesame Street Generation, I guess I'm accustomed to quickly changing images (with some musical accompaniment). The decision to stop selling (or attempting to sell) prints in my Etsy shop was not an easy one. Instead of focusing on making new pieces, I was concerned with decreasing the stock of prints I already had. But, prints are so much easier to to list and relist once it sells. One original painting turned into a print could sell over and over again.
It was a post I read on Always Amy's blog the other day that got me thinking about my prints, again. But, the idea of selling the same images continuously bores me to sleep. However, I remembered my RedBubble site. I posted a short description about there services here.
I can offer prints and not worry about shipping them or printing them. All I have to do is create the artwork, my favorite part, and upload it to the site (and of course promote the prints).
A couple of days ago I loaded some new art to my RedBubble page. The next day, I woke up to find After the Dance on the Art page's featured page. A nice little surprise for the morning.

I'll let someone else do the printing. Let me do the creating.

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

Sesame Street generation... accompanied to music

Loved that!