Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Piece and a thanks

I would like to thank everyone for the lovely response to my Silhouette illustration. Quite a few of the shirts sold. I may offer the image as prints through my Redbubble site.

I did add a new print, Tattoo Lady. She is available in poster size, as well. But, for smaller budgets, a framed card makes nice looking art, hint, hint. The basic drawing looked like this.


Drawing on notebook paper is not advised. I use to do it in math class back in high school. Being preoccupied back then in not paying attention to sin and cosine, I didn't care that the pencil lines crumbled or engraved themselves into the paper. The memories all came flooding back while I was doing this sketch. But, it was the only thing on hand at the time (mainly, I was too lazy to get up and get some different paper).

I digitally inked the illustration in Photoshop and Illustrator. Digital inking allows for richer black lines; something I wasn't able to achieve with traditional ink. Not to mention the "being able to erase easily" factor. The final outcome was this.


Tattoo Lady is currently available as a print, poster, and card here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your Tattoo Lady- really beautiful!